This is a simple guide on installing Windows Server 2016 with Hyper-V.
There are two parts to this one..
1. Right-click your Hyper-V Manager host machine, select New > Virtual Machine…
2. Enter the name of the new VM and location on disk.
3. Select Generation of VM.
4. Enter memory allocation amount.
5. Select a network connection (I’ll set this up later).
6. Enter the dynamic virtual hard disk limit, and for this tutorial I’m leaving the vHD location as default (driven from previous selection).
7. Select an Operating System ISO file.
8. Review configuration and hit finish.
9. Power up the new VM!
1. Connect to the new VM (ensuring step 7 above was followed).
2. Hit the any key.
3. After 30 seconds or so loading, select your location.
4. Click to start the Windows Server installation.
5. GUI this time around, and Datacenter Edition for the test environment.
6. Accept the usual..
7. Check advanced options.
8. Install on the 50GB vHD.
9. Hit next, and away it goes…
10. The installation will finish up and restart once it’s done. Before the Windows Server login screen is shown, the built-in administrator password needs to be set.
11. Login with the above password.
12. Hurray, it’s Windows 2016 everybody!