1. Run set-up exe file.
2. Specify installation directory.
3. Select features.
4. Specify data directory.
5. Enter the superuser (postgres) password.
6. Enter the listening port.
7. Default local for English.
8. Next, next, next & you’re done.
Installing Stack Builder Components
Stack Builder is a quick way of getting additional software installed on your server, such as drivers, apache and EnterpriseDB tools.
1. Select your Postgres Sever.
2. Make your selections – pretty handy having things like the drivers in here.
3. Continue on.
4. A reboot may be required, depending on what has been selected.
And we’re done. Next, install a management tool such as PG Admin.