The Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is a feature that helps protect your computer from malicious websites and other online threats. When you open Internet Explorer on a Windows Server, you’ll likely be prompted with this message:
Content from the website listed below is being blocked by the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration
Adding each website to trusted sites can be a frustrating process, so on new test VMs I quickly turn off IE Enhanced Security Configuration within Server Manager:
This isn’t something you should change on a production server without thought but it is maybe a good thing to include on a VM template for a test environment.
We can also disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration via the Internet Explorer browser app via the following these steps:
– Open Internet Explorer and click on the “Tools” menu.
– Select “Internet Options” from the menu.
– In the “Internet Options” window, select the “Security” tab.
– Under the “Security” tab, click on the “Internet” zone and then click on the “Custom Level” button.
– In the “Security Settings” window, scroll down to the “Miscellaneous” section and look for the “Allow websites to open windows without address or status bars” setting.
– Select the “Enable” option for this setting and then click on the “OK” button to save the changes.