A run-through of joining a Windows Server onto a test domain which created in my previous post.
I’m creating a new user account for me to carry out all changes required to setup my lab. It’ll be a new OU in AD, create new user account and then add to the Domain Admin group.
1. Right-click the Domain Name within Active Directory Users and Computers, select New and Organisational Unit.
2. Enter the new OU name – I’m going to pretend I’m in the IT Department…
3. Within the IT OU, right-click and select New-User.
4. Enter new user details.
5. Enter password stuff.
7. Right-click the new user and select Add to a group…
8. Enter king group, Domain Admins.
1. First, I have to get onto the same private IP range as the DC.
2. Within Server Manager, click the Computer name link.
3. Click Change…
4. Amend the hostname and enter the Domain name.
5. Enter credentials for an account that can join to the domain (the account created above within this post would also work).
6. When the server next boots up a domain user account can login.